Transportation and Travel — Tips and Information
Los Angeles is a dynamic and spread out metropolitan area so getting around takes some planning and there are plenty of options.
Around the Convention Center and Area Hotels
The Convention Center and area hotels are not as close in proximity to each other as at past Convention locations. Distances can average a half mile to a mile so there’s some ground to cover. In addition it is an urban area with many safe and still some not-so-safe sections. Use common safety sense using the buddy system and securing transportation if need be. Popular transportation services are Uber, Lyft, and local taxis.
From the Airport
The NSCAA has made arrangements with three ground transportation providers that are at your service.
- Uber: The NSCAA has secured a discounted rate of $22 for all first time users on their trip. This is a terrific option from the airport! If you are a first time Uber rider you will need to download the app from either the Apple Store or GooglePlay Store.
- Super Shuttle: The NSCAA has a discounted rate for SuperShuttle and ExecuCar from multiple airports in the Downtown Los Angeles area.
- Karmel Shuttle: NSCAA attendees get the lowest discounted rate. It’s a quick, convenient and EZ reservation process. Click the discount link below or call the reservations department toll free at 1-888-995-7433. Mention promo code "NSCAA17" at the time of reservations. Reservations within 24 hours are based on availability... so make your reservations now!
- Metro Rail: take the Metro Blue Line or Expo Line to the Pico Station, located directly across from the Los Angeles Convention Center
- Metro Bus: This system services all of Los Angeles including various stops at the Convention Center including lines 30, 81, 442, 460, and the Silver Line.
- For all inquiries about scheduling Metro Bus or Metro Rail, visit the Metro Trip Planner or contact Metro at (323) GO METRO
- Metrolink: This train service operates within Southern California and they now have special weekend passes for only $10 which includes free connections to Metro bus and rail lines that stop nearby. For train schedules and more information, please call (800) 371-5465 or visit their site.
- Dash Bus: This Los Angeles Department of Transportation bus services downtown LA and numerous suburban areas. There are several stops adjacent to the Convention Center and LA Live on Route F. For more information please click here.
- Within the city of Los Angeles there are nine Taxi franchises. Be sure, before boarding any taxi in the city of Los Angeles, that you look for the official City of Los Angeles Taxicab Seal. Taxicabs bearing this seal are insured, have trained drivers, and are regularly inspected by the city of Los Angeles.
- A more economical alternative is to use Uber by downloading the app to your phone. For more information on how to ride with Uber, please visit their site.
Rental cars are not required because all NSCAA hotels are within walking distance of Convention activities. However, you will need to secure ground transportation to and from the airport.
Conjecture Parking Costs Range and Information
Convention Center Parking Garages - The rates vary per hour and per event. The minimum is typically $15 and the maximum can be approximately $20. There is no overnight parking at these garages. Valet service is available.
View a map of nearby parking garages, for when the South Hall Garage is full. Be advised, none of these garages will allow overnight parking.
- LA Live West Garage - There is a flat rate of $10-$30 (depending on the event) payable upon entrance. Valet service is available. By parking here, you can stay longer than you may have originally planned due to the fact that the rate is flat and not hourly.
- Hotels - For more information on individual hotel parking and arrival information, click on the name of the hotel listed below to find information. Be sure to review your hotels specific policies on parking and valet costs and details.
- J.W. Marriott
- Residence Inn by Marriott
- Courtyard by Marriott
- Westin Bonaventure Hotel
- Luxe City Center
- Millennium Biltmore Hotel
***Note: You are not guaranteed a room in any of the NSCAA housing blocks unless you are a registered NSCAA Convention Attendee.
More Travel Information
- Air Travel - Los Angeles Airport (LAX) is not the only airport that serves the Los Angeles area. Other options include Burbank (BUR), Long Beach (LGB), and Orange County (SNA). When booking, airlines such as Southwest Airlines and JetBlue, will not be found with major carriers on fare-comparison websites.
- Amtrak - Union Station is located in downtown Los Angeles approximately three miles away from the Los Angeles Convention Center. View more information on routes .
- Ground Travel - From an Airport to LA Live, there are multiple options to get you to your destination. From LAX, one may utilize the following: Super Shuttle, Cab, or Uber. The costs for each, from the terminal to LA Live, are a flat rate. Prices may vary at other airports and for other services in the greater Los Angeles area.
- Parking/Arrival - The Los Angeles Convention Center has 5,600 parking spaces available. Parking costs vary at other downtown Los Angeles Locations. The most budget-friendly method would be to use one of the area’s Park and Ride lots operated by the Los Angeles County Metro Transportation Authority. Find out more about Metro Park and Ride.